Over the next few minutes we will be breaking down everything we know about art in Kiev in full detail and our first section will fully cover the best art galleries and museums near you.
After that we will get into a variety of other topics like art supply stores, events, festivals, dealers, appraisers, walking tours, local sculptures and statues, art classes, studios for rent, and the top frame shops in your area.
You can jump straight to any section that interests you most by using the table of contents on the left and we are also including a Kiev art map with all of the spots we mention throughout the post pinned on it.
You may want to read some of our other posts on art in Europe which you can find there.
Best Art Galleries & Museums In Kiev
If you want to visit the best art galleries and museums in Kiev you can go to:
- National Art Museum of Ukraine at 6 Hrushevskogo St
- Dymchuk Gallery at 21 Yaroslavska St
- Voloshyn Gallery at 13 Tereshchenkivska St
- Pinchuk Art Centre at 1/3-2 Velyka Vasylkivska/Baseyna St
- M17 Contemporary Art Center at 102-104 Antonovycha St
- Tryptykh Art at 13 Desyatynna St
- Ya Gallery at 49B Khoryva St
- Shcherbenko Art Center at 22v Mykhailivska St
- Mystetskyi Arsenal at 10-12 Lavrska St
- Khanenko Museum at 15-17 Tereshchenkivska St
- Kiev Museum of Russian Art at 9 Tereschenkivska St
The National Art Museum of Ukraine definitely has one of the top collections in Ukraine, one of their best known pieces is ‘Saint George with hagiography,’ and they often have workshops and lessons for kids and adults in their lecture hall. Just don’t head over on Monday or Tuesday because they will be closed.
The Pinchuk Art Centre has public programs for students of all ages including children with developmental needs.
The M17 Contemporary Art Center is open from 11am to 9pm most days but are closed on Monday and close an hour earlier on Tuesday. M17 gives out an annual prize to whoever can create the coolest sculpture.
Any young local artists reading this may also want to look into the MUHI competition at the Shcherbenko Art Center which is open from 11am to 8pm Thursday through Saturday.
At the Mystetskyi Arsenal you can find the major International Book Arsenal Festival and they keep regular hours of 11am to 8pm throughout the week with the exception of Monday when they are closed.
There are over 25,000 works at the Khanenko Museum including pieces by Jacque-Louis David, Gentile Bellini, Francois Bouchet, Peter Paul Rubens, and Juan Surbarán.
Materials & Supplies Near You
You should be able to find all of the materials and supplies you need at these art stores near you:
- Lavka Khudozhnyka at 72A Velyka Vasylkivska St
- Karkar at 24/26 Yaroslavska St
- Alizarin at 33 Nyzhnii Val St
- Art Market at 13А Marshala Tymoshenka St
- Cans Kyiv at 23 Khoryva St
- Azur at 21/13 Reitarska St
- Master Kisti at 21 Knyazhiy Zaton St
- Masterica at 45 Peremohy Ave
- Maestro Colore at 4 Zhambyla Zhabajeva St
Art Market is the largest art supply store in your area and it has supplies to help out artists, sculptors, decorators, and musicians.
You can find individual art classes for kids and adults at Azur.
Shows & Events
Some of the best local art shows and events held throughout the year are:
The Photo Kyiv events are held in February of each year and as the name suggests it focuses on contemporary photography.
Gogolfest is a huge event for contemporary art and cinema that is often held in September but that can vary.
The Kyiv Lights Festivals turns the City State Administration Building into a huge screen with video projections.
Art Week is generally held in May and is a great time to learn about all kinds of new international, regional, and local artists.
We mentioned The International Book Arsenal Festival at Mystetskyi Arsenal a little bit earlier and you won’t want to miss either.
Art Dealers & Appraisers
There are some quality art dealers and appraisers in your area if you feel like buying or selling a piece:
- Dukat at 5 Volodymyrska St
- Art Gallery Market at 1 Khreschatyk St
- Gallery L`Art at 30 Andriyivskyy Descent St
You can get top level consultation services at Dukat plus they hold auctions and can help you sell your art.
Custom fitting is one of the specialties at Gallery L`Art who will make sure you really want to buy the piece before you pay for it.
The Dymchuk Gallery from our main list also sells art in your area.
This Street Art Tour at Liuteranska St 6 is a great way to enjoy a nice day outdoors.
Sculptures & Statues
You can also find some really cool sculptures and statues around town like:
- The Motherland Monument at Zapecherna St
- The Frog Monument at Khreshchatyy Pk
- Taras Shevchenko Monument at 62 Volodymyrska St
- Monument of Princess Frog at Obolonska Naberezhna St
- Nikolai Lysenko Monument at 48 Volodymyrska St
Rodina Mat created The Motherland Monument around 1980 and today you can find it at The Museum of the Great Patriotic War.
Next to the Water Museum you can find The Frog Monument which was created by Oleg Pinchuk.
The Taras Shevchenko Monument has been in Shevchenko Park since 1939.
If you go near Rope Park you will see The Monument of Princess Frog which was built by Alexei Shamshura.
Head to Theater Square near the National Opera of Ukraine to find The Nikolai Lysenko Monument which has been there since 1965.
Kiev Art Classes
Some of you may be interested in private lessons while others may want group classes for kids, teens, or adults but either way the best Kiev art schools are:
- Art Faces Studio at 14/2 Tarasivska St
- Salvador Dali Art Institute at 5 Berezhanska St
- Montessori Tsentr at 46 Dmytrivska St
- Enjoy Art Studio at 4B Yaroslavska St
- Kiev Art School at 3в Sribnokilska St
- Art- Studio Likhtaryk at 5A Bastionna St
The Art Faces Studio will provide high quality materials if you take one of their classes which are good for beginners or masters.
Salvador Dali Art Institute has classes for adults as well as special kids classes for anyone between the ages of 6 and 16.
Anyone that is trying to find a good art school for kids near you can head to The Montessori Tsentr who also has night classes for adults.
Art Studio Likhtaryk offers painting and pottery classes for all ages and does private parties.
Some other places we have already mentioned in other lists that also provide art classes in Kiev are The National Art Museum and Pinchuk Art Centre from our main list and Azur from our art supplies list.
Studios For Rent Near You
Pink Punk Art Studio at Pushkinska St, 21 is a good art studio for rent in your area with co-working spaces.
If you need art framing in Kiev you can find it at:
- Eksar at 108 Velyka Vasylkivska St
- Ramas Framing & Embroidery at 6 Stepana Bandera Ave
- Bahetna Maysternya Na Zolotykh Vorotakh at 6a Zolotovoritska St
- Gallery Artinform at 9a Pushkinska St
- All Ukrainian Baguette Workshop at 31 Nyzhnoiurkivska St
You will be able to choose from over two thousand varieties of wood and plastic moldings at Eksar who also specializes in canvas stretching, lamination, and plastification.
Gallery Artinform does plastification, lamination, image glueing, large format printing, and reproductions.
In case you were interested we have also discussed local art in:
Have Fun Enjoying The Kiev Art Scene
Well guys, we tried to cover the full art scene near you to the best of our abilities. We listed the best galleries, museums, events, shows, supply stores, dealers, appraisers, walking tours, sculptures, classes, studios, and framers in your area.
Anyone who stuck around this long might just know quite a bit about the local art scene. It would be cool if you could let us know if you noticed anything incorrect or filled us in on your own tips in the comments.
Have fun going to the galleries, museums, buying supplies or doing anything that has to do with art in Kiev!