Thanks for checking out our post about art in Orlando. Galleries, museums, supplies, schools, shows, events and more will all be discussed in detail right here.
This intro will be short and sweet because we know your time is valuable. The best local art galleries and museums where you can see the most creative exhibitions and collections in town will be the topic of our first section.
You may want to know about the best art stores in town where you can find all the supplies and materials you desire so they will be listed. We also don’t want to forget about the best shows and events this area has to offer.
If you get a sunny day enjoy it by going on an art walking tour or by seeing some of the most unique statues and sculptures near you. Taking group classes or private lessons at one of the nicer art schools in Orlando can be a great way to improve your skills quickly.
Renting out an art studio in your area when the time is right to get things moving on your next project could improve your odds of success. Appraisers, dealers, and framing shops will also get their own sections.
The Southeast is an area that we have written about often on our site.
Best Art Galleries & Museums In Orlando
The best art galleries and museums in Orlando would be:
- Orlando Museum of Art at 2416 N Mills Ave
- Snap! Gallery at 420 E Church St
- The Mennello Museum of American Art at 900 E Princeton St
- City Arts at 39 S Magnolia Ave
- UCF Art Gallery at 12400 Aquarius Agora Dr
- Bronze Kingdom at 3201 E Colonial Dr
- Redefine Gallery at 39 S Magnolia Ave
- Grand Bohemian Gallery at 325 S Orange Ave
- Boom Art by Rogers Studio at 1821 N Orange Ave
- Axiom Gallery at 268 W New England Ave
- Loud Gallery at 1907 N orange Ave
- All Stars Art Gallery at 2750 Michigan Ave #3, Kissimmee
- Gallery on First at 211 E First St, Sanford
One of the leading cultural hubs in the area is the Orlando Museum of Art which is open from 10am to 4pm Tuesday through Friday and from 12pm to 4pm on weekends. It was founded in 1924 and every year they present art enrichment programs, studio classes, and lectures in addition to hosting the Art in Bloom Festival in March. Their First Thursday monthly events are very popular and the winner of the Best in Show for each event wins $100 and can potentially display their best works in the shop at the museum.
Many would consider the Snap! Gallery to be the leading digital art and photo gallery in Central Florida and they are open from 11am to 6pm every day but Sunday when they are closed. Throughout the year they host a variety of exhibitions and events and provide great local photography workshops.
Building of the House by Henry Salem Hubbell is considered to be one of the finest pieces at the The Mennello Museum of American Art who has a free family fun day every second Sunday the month plus they host the Indie Folk Fest each February and their White Canvas Party every November. You can check out all they have to offer from 10:30am to 4:30pm Tuesday through Saturday and from 12pm to 4:30pm on Sunday
There are over 2,000 works of unique African art in the collection at Bronze Kingdom.
You can rent many of the 1,000 pieces at the Axiom Gallery.
Gallery on First opens at 10am Tuesday through Saturday and 12pm on Sunday and has really good watercolor classes available.
Materials & Supplies Near You
The best stores to buy art supplies and materials in your area are:
- Sam Flax at 1800 E Colonial Dr
- Luna Mosaic Arts at 813 Virginia Dr
- Paint Factory at 3450 Vineland Rd
- Michaels at 6733 Eagle Watch Dr
- Hobby Lobby at 2728 E Colonial Dr
- Joann Fabrics & Crafts at 3562 E Colonial Dr
- Michaels at 3278 N John Young Pkwy, Kissimmee
- Hobby Lobby at 711 Centerview Blvd, Kissimmee
- Florida Clay Art Co at 1645 Hangar Rd, Sanford
- Michaels at 107 Towne Center Blvd, Sanford
You will find a lot of variety when it comes to art and drafting supplies, readymade frames, and custom frames at Sam Flax.
Those who love mosaic works can get all the supplies they need or try one of the workshops at Luna Mosaic Arts.
Shows & Events
Be sure to check out these art shows and events in your area:
- Art in Bloom in March
- 1st Thursdays at Orlando Museum of Art
- Indie Folk Fest in February
- White Canvas Party in November
- 3rd Thursday Gallery Hop
- Immerse in October
- St. Johns River Festival of the Arts in May
We briefly mentioned the Orlando Art Museum’s Art in Bloom event that they host every year in March when remarkable floral designs inspired by the finest pieces the museum has to offer will be on display during this fun 3 day event. They also have their First Thursday parties each month from 6pm to 9pm where there will be local artists, live music, and a diverse group of people to chat with.
The Indie Folk Fest is a free outdoor event held at the Mennello Museum’s lakeside sculpture garden each February and the event is pet-friendly if you want to bring your furry friends with you.
The Mennello Museum also hosts the fundraising White Canvas Party each year in November. Around thirty of the best artists near you will get help with selling their latest works and the event raises lots of money for a good cause.
Immerse brings the downtown area to life each October when around a thousand local artists and performers take to the streets.
The St. Johns River Festival of the Arts is held each May in Downtown Sanford and brings out lots of great arts and crafts practitioners from around the country.
Art Dealers & Appraisers
When you are trying to find a new piece for your collection or to figure out the true value of something visit one of these art dealers and appraisers in your area:
- Lombard Contemporary Art at 1 Grand Cypress Blvd
- Classic Arts Wholesale at 2636 N Orange Blossom Trail St, Kissimmee
- Jeanine Taylor Folk Art at 211 E 1st St, Sanford
Classic Arts Wholesale is a great source for wholesale and retail framed fine art.
The specialty at Jeanine Taylor Folk Art is southern contemporary folk art.
To go on a fun art walking tour try out:
On the 3rd Thursday of each month you can head downtown to enjoy a really fun Gallery Hop where many of the best galleries and non-traditional art venues in your area will try to put a spotlight on emerging local artists.
On the 3rd Saturday of each month you can visit Sanford for their Art Walk where artists and merchants take to the area to show off unique collections.
Sculptures & Statues
Taking selfies with these sculptures and statues could also be enjoyable:
- Muse Of Discovery at Lake Eola Park
- Union Sculpture at Lake Eola Park
- The Mennello Museum Sculpture Garden at 900 E Princeton St
- Fantasy Swan at Lake Eola Park
- Monument of States at 300 E Monument Ave, Kissimmee
- Marine Sculptures at 213 Sanora Blvd #1, Sanford
Lake Eola Park is home to quite a few of the best sculptures near you.
In 2013 Meg White unveiled the Muse Of Discovery while Ralfonso Gschwend sculpted the Union Sculpture that same year.
The park is also home to Fantasy Swan which was created by Angi Peretti.
Charles W. Bressler-Pettis created the Monument of States after the attack on Pearl Harbor and it was dedicated in 1943.
There are lots of cool things to see at The Mennello Museum Sculpture Garden.
Orlando Art Classes
It doesn’t matter if you are searching for private lessons or group classes for kids, teens, or adults the best art schools in Orlando would be:
- Orlando Fine Arts Academy at 10743 Narcoossee Rd #19a
- Creative Core at 221 E Colonial Dr Favo Studio 142
- Abstract Orlando at 11062 International Dr
- Paint Sip & Swirl at 3201 E Colonial Dr
- Anana Prana at 1956 Crosshair Cir
- Osceola County School for the Arts at 3151 N Orange Blossom Trail, Kissimmee
- Arts 4 You Painting at 707 Pasteur Ln, Kissimmee
- Board & Brush Creative Studio at 111 N Oak Ave, Sanford
You can find classes ranging from painting to theater to dance and music at the Orlando Fine Arts Academy.
There are after-school classes, summer camps, and more available at Creative Core.
The local art classes for all ages at Abstract Orlando specialize in acrylic painting.
The largest of its kind in Central Florida is Paint Sip and Swirl where they have paint and sip classes every day of the week plus they can host your private parties and team building events.
Osceola County School for the Arts is a specialized school for kids in middle and high school.
There are more art classes at Orlando Museum of Art and Gallery on First from our initial list.
Studios For Rent Near You
You might be able to rent an art studio in your area at:
A frame can transform a regular looking piece to the next level and some of the best places for art framing in Orlando are:
- Art Services at 1022 S Orange Ave
- Great Escape Frame & Art at 1207 N Mills Ave
- Frame Masters Gallery at 2800 Corrine Dr
- Amazing Frames USA at 3601 Vineland Rd #3
- Let Us Frame It at 2214 Edgewater Dr
- Framing of Central Florida at 1820 N Orange Ave
- Osceola Art & Frame Gallery at 1018 W Emmett St, Kissimmee
- Classic Art Frame Graphics at 2636 N Orange Blossom Trail, Kissimmee
There are thousands of picture frames, moldings, mats, colors, and textures in a wide variety of styles and designs available at Great Escape Frame & Art.
You can get services like frame repair, canvas stretching, and repairing a bowed or ripped canvas at Frame Masters Gallery.
Amazing Frames USA can help with art consultations, procurements, printing, installations and delivery.
There are more than 5,000 unique molding frames in your area at Let Us Frame who can also help with restorations.
Sam Flax, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby from the art supplies list also do framing in Orlando.
We have also written about:
Have Fun Enjoying The Orlando Art Scene
Hopefully you learned a little something about the local art scene near you. We listed the best galleries, museums, events, shows, supply stores, dealers, appraisers, walking tours, sculptures, classes, studios, and framers that you may want to check out.
Those who are still reading this probably love art as much as we do. If so go ahead and use the comments to share your own tips or to let us know if you think we got anything wrong.
We hope you enjoy your time at the best Orlando art galleries, museums, supply stores, or doing whatever else you plan to do with the info.